the University Archive
The Gadjah Mada University Archives was established through the Rectorial decree No. 249/P/SK/HT/2004 and was established on September 11th, 2004 by UGM's rector Prof. Sofian Effendi together with the head of ANRI Drs. Djoko Utomo, MA. Earlier, the archival management in UGM was handed to a single unit namely Sentral Arsip (Archive Centre), of which activity was operationally under the responsibility of the sector of administration and household. As soon as UGM changes its status into National Corporate Tertiary School, MWA (the Council of Wali Amanat) stated that the Gadjah Mada University Archive is aÂ supporting element of the University . Meanwhile, in chapter XXII, paragraph 113, clause 1, it is stated that the University Document includes the academic, administrative, and student and alumni affairs document as well as other documents that are vital for the growth of the university and kept for maintenance at the university's archive office.
Therefore, it is not surprising that in no time the rector has officially established the Archives of Gadjah Mada University with the National Archives of the Republic of Indonesia, which is inscribed on the Charter of Cooperation No. 411/P/KS/2002 and No. LT20.3/922/202 dated on October 3rd 2002.
In line with the MWA UGM's decree No. 12/SK/MWA/2003, chapter XV paragraph 80, the Gadjah Mada University Archives is attached to these rules:
Clause 1: Gadjah Mada University Archives is under, responsible to, and supervised by the head of the University.
Clause 2: Gadjah Mada University Archives serves as the records keeper and provider.
Clause 3: Gadjah Mada University Archives serves the duty of arranging plans and carrying out the activities concerning archiving.
TASK & FUNCTION
Major Task, To execute the University's task in archiving in line with the prevailing stipulation and law.
- To operate the activity and program planning in UGM's archiving;
- To hold a study of the rules of archiving;
- To compose the operation manual and technical manual in archiving;
- To manage the archiving for the university's interest or concern;
- To coordinate the university's archiving together with other elements and organizations in the university;
- To operate the archival information system of the university;
- To rescue and keep the static archives and make use of the archival source scripts;
- To formulate and carry out the policy of the leader in archiving;
- To hold a cooperation with the National Archives of the Republic of Indonesia and other archival organizations, either the domestic or the international ones;
- To execute the publicity of the archives;
- To cultivate functional forces of archiving and administration manager;
- To observe and report the management activity of the university's archiving.
Based on its major tasks and functions, the archives have some perspectives that are in accordance with the perspectives of Gadjah Mada University.
PERSPECTIVES AND MISSION
PERSPECTIVES:To develop the archives as one of the source of information in order to become a research university.
To maintain the study and perpetuation of the archives to be the history records of the University's development from time to time;
To develop the informational technology of archiving and make use of it as the source of information for the benefit of the nation.