THE STUDENT CODE OF ETHIC GADJAH MADA UNIVERSITY
Gadjah Mada University was established to participate in the development of science and technology, which at the end, it aims to gain universal and objective facts and truths.
Related to that, Gadjah Mada University deserves to have freedom in implementing the innate destiny of human's mind to achieve facts and truths, namely freedom which is mentioned as academic freedom.
To manage the implementation of academic freedom and freedom of the pulpit well, therefore it is necessary to make stipulations based on values or norms, as a binding requirement and known as the student code of ethic.
The student code of ethic is implemented for the students of Gadjah Mada University in carrying out their duties and obligations as individuals or academic civities according to their characteristics and essences that since long before a student occupies an honored place as she/he becomes somebody to follow, an example for members of society, expectation of the nation to carry out duties in the future.
To realize the grandeur of students, therefore a guideline, thus student code of ethic as formulated below, is needed.
Studentsa are students of diploma, undergraduate, and graduate programs. They are obliged to:
a.Be faithful and pious to the One and Only God, uphold high Law based on Pancasila, the Indonesian Constitution of 1945;
b.Uphold high the moral values with the awareness to responsibility on the prosperity of Indonesian society in particular and world society in general;
c.Uphold high the civilized characteristics and teleology of science efforts for civilization, benefit, happiness of humanity.
A student is obliged to uphold high the academic freedom, namely the obligation to maintain and advance sciences through studies, researches, discussion or spread of science to peer students, in responsible ways, independent according to individual aspiration and based on norms and principles of science, namely:
a. honesty, broad point of views/universal, togetherness, and the scientific way of thinking;
b. to respect otherâ€™s innovations and opinions;
c.not only for personal or clique/group interests.
A student is obliged to uphold high freedom of academic pulpit, namely the freedom to convey thoughts and opinions in academic sphere and academic forum in forms of speeches, seminars, and other scientific activities according to norms and principles of science.
A student in conveying his/her opinion should keep orderliness and security, among others by respecting otherâ€™s rights, courtesy, respecting religious norms and law, obeying to law, keeping security and orderliness, and maintaining unity and entity of the nation.
THE OBLIGATION OF STUDENTS TOWARD LECTURERS
A student is obliged to respect lecturers whether in or out of classroom which is implemented in forms of:
a. coming on time for classes or when having appointments with lecturers;
b. staying away and avoiding stuff which might direct to conflicts of interests in the teaching learning process possibly to occur, and
c. staying away and avoiding oneself from things and actions which might degrade and injure the lecturerâ€™s pride as an educative profession
d. protesting lecturer if the lecturerâ€™s opinion is wrong.
A students is always to do the instructions given by lecturers in the frame of accelerating his/her studies wisely, and to be done honestly.
THE OBLIGATION OF STUDENTS TOWARD OTHER STUDENTS
A student is obliged to maintain and to develop an academic society among students by:
a.holding persistently and respecting academic freedom and academic freedom of pulpit among students;
b.comprehending the basics of society in University implementation in forms of social duties by participating and holding development efforts, maintaining, and developing life of society and culture, and
c. comprehending basics of kinship in the University implementation based on the Statutes of Gadjah Mada University.
THE OBLIGATION OF STUDENTS TOWARD UNIVERSITY
(1) A student is to obey all regulation determined by the University, whether dealing with academic or non academic, including the organization activities.
(2) A student always keeps and maintains facilities of the campus, cleanliness, security and concordance among campus members.
(2) A student does not run or involve him/herself in an activity on behalf of the University without consent of the University Administration.
THE OBLIGATION OF STUDENTS TOWARD FAMILY AND THEIR-SELVES
(1) A student is obliged to always maintain the continuance of family wholeness, harmony and family prosperity, and social reputation in the society.
(2) A student is obliged to always introspect and self evaluate on his/her work as student in learning science at University.
THE OBLIGATION OF STUDENTS TOWARD THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CODE OF ETHIC
(1) A student is obliged to consider and to apply the student code of ethic
(2) Violation to this student code of ethics can be charged on moral sanction and other sanctions.
THE CONTROL TOWARD THE IMPLEMENTATION OF STUDENT CODE OF ETHIC
(1) The carrying out of implementation of Student Code of Ethic is held by the Council of Honour on student code of ethic.
(2) The structure and membership of the Council of Honour on Student Code of Ethic are defined by Rector of Gadjah Mada University for the term of 4 (four) years.
(3) The Council of Honour on Student Code of Ethic has the authority to receive, proceed, and decide any complaint of student code of ethic.
Items, which have not yet defined by this student code of ethic, are handed over to the Council of Honour on Student Code of Ethic.
Establish in : Yogyakarta
Date : On August 17, 2003
Prof. Dr. Sofian Effendi