Faculty of Law of UGM was founded by the Foundation and Bureau of School of Gadjah Mada/Yayasan dan Balai Perguruan Tinggi Gadjah Mada with 2 faculties which were Faculty of Law and Faculty of Letters on 17 February 1946 and officially declared on 3 March 1946 in the Office of National Committee Yogyakarta/Gedung Komite Nasional Yogyakarta. The first class began on 13 March 1946.
Vision, Mission, Goal, and Target
Faculty of Law of GMU has become the competitive research-based faculty that has international standard, that have graduated law-degree scholars who have the basic comprehension of law, has the ability to progress along with time, having comprehensive mind, and are responsive to the changes in the society and the escalation of cooperation based on Pancasila, the five-point ideology.
- to hold law degree, for both undergraduate and postgraduate, which has international perspective
- to hold high quality research and service to the society
- to dig the potential and to continuously develop the values of Indonesian law
- to build and to develop the management of faculty with full responsibility
- to hold faculty’s medium and infrastructure in terms of going along with the development in technology and informatics
- to intertwine a symmetrical cooperation in regional, national, and international
To produce law-degree scholars with good quality who hold the supreme values and firmly believe in the basic principles of having knowledge in laws at finger tips, have comprehensive mind, and have the ability to adjust with the changes in the development and the necessity of the society, to rationalize comprehensively and be responsive to the changes in the society of Indonesia and its cooperation.
- to create a transparent management, efficient, and to give the improvement of the learning process in the faculty of law of UGM as the first priority.
- to fulfill the sufficient facility, medium, infrastructure, and technology application as to support the realization of Tridharma Perguruan Tinggi in the Faculty of Law of UGM
- to create a more sustainable atmosphere to conduct research in the subject of law and in the society
- to develop divisions and study centers to fully support the society’s necessity as well as in the government
- to create a more sustainable atmosphere for lecturers to conduct legal counseling, consultation and legal aid needed by the society
- to create a more sustainable atmosphere to improve the relationship between alumni and faculty, as well as with government institution and domestic and foreign organizations.